Stock Gift Designation Form
Thank you for considering a stock donation to Brick! To ensure that your gift is properly credited, it is important that we know the type of stock and the number of shares you are donating. Please notify the Advancement Office with information about your gift (company and number of shares) via e-mail to Whitney Schwartz or by calling (212) 289-5683. Per IRS regulations, gifts of stock are recognized on the day of transfer into Brick’s account and valued at the average of the high and low share price on the date of transfer. It is Brick’s policy to sell securities upon receipt.
• Sending securities via DTC transfer:
- Merrill Lynch DTC number: 8862 (new number effective Feb. 2018)
- The Brick Church’s account number at Merrill Lynch: 850-03255
- Inform The Brick Church School about your donation via email to Whitney Schwartz.
If more than one purpose, please specify by either dollar amount or by number of shares how you wish to allocate your gift. Please sign letter with your full name as it appears on the stock certificate.
• Securities received in physical form should follow the procedure below:
Registered in the name of grantor (donor of stock): (Merrill Lynch will need the following original signed documents)
- A letter of authorization from grantor gifting securities to The Brick Presbyterian Church account number 850-03255 and specifying the quantity of the gift. The letter must be dated and specify purpose (ex. Pledge or Capital Campaign) of the gift. If more than one purpose, please specify by either dollar amount or by number of shares how you wish to allocate your gift. Please sign letter with your full name as it appears on the stock certificate.
- An original signed stock power or if certificate is registered in the name of the grantor, the grantor may endorse the certificate. (Grantor should not fill out any specifics on the back of the stock certificate. This will be handled by Merrill Lynch’s securities processing department.)
Note: Stock power and security certificate should be sent in separate envelopes and mailed separately. This is recommended for security purposes.
Registered in the name of The Brick Presbyterian Church: (Merrill Lynch will need the following original signed documents)
- Non-Corporate resolution
- Stock power must be signed by an officer of the corporation listed on the resolution.
Note: If a grantor has any administrative or operational issues contact Betty Yue at Merrill Lynch at (212) 382-8657.