The Brick Church School’s mission is to provide an excellent early childhood education, nourishing children’s emotional, social, intellectual, physical, ethical, and spiritual well-being through an intentionally balanced approach in an atmosphere of warmth and mutual respect. The Brick Church School actively seeks to be a community that is diverse and inclusive in all aspects (racially, economically, religiously, and welcoming to all aspects of gender, sexuality, and family structures). The School is grounded in Christian values of love and compassion, shared by many other religious traditions, and seeks to be a place in which children, their families, and educators care for others in their classrooms, city, and world. At The Brick Church School, children are guided to become happy, self-confident global citizens, mindful of God’s love, accepting of themselves and others, filled with curiosity and joy in learning.
Values of The Brick Church School
- Children and adults should be treated with respect in a community of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Children need to feel emotionally safe so that they can develop social skills and grow cognitively and physically.
- Children are spiritual beings and their spiritual and moral lives are nourished through a strong partnership between School and Church.
- Educators, children, and families should care for others in their classrooms, neighborhood, city, and world.
- Our commitment to excellence includes ongoing development of teachers, staff, parents, children, and curriculum, with an openness to new ideas.